Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My Animation Influences

Hey everyone! I would like to start off by saying that the following people listed got me started on my whole animation dream. Animation is a big part of my life and I plan on continuing to pursue it in college and beyond.

Mike Nawrocki and Phil Vischer

Ah, yes. The VeggieTales guys. I have so much to say about them! They are two of the people who made me want to pursue animation. I may be 18, but I won't ever grow tired of it. If you gave me a VeggieTales film right now, I would watch it and the bonus material non-stop. There's something about the lessons and values they teach that make you want to watch it over and over again. They can even make you become a better person. Plus, the morals are timeless. Vischer and Nawrocki have inspired me to animate and to always follow my dreams. I also aspire to build a company just like Mr. Vischer and Mr. Nawrocki. I could listen to their character voices all day!

Tim Burton

My obsession with Tim Burton started when I watched The Nightmare before Christmas in 3rd grade. Can you believe that film took 3 years to make? His stories may be on the darker side, but his style is absolutely amazing. I will always look up to him when I want to be influenced. How could you not love his movies? He is dedicated to what he creates - I aspire to be that kind of filmmaker. He is a wonderful storyteller, writer, and has the right style of quirkiness!

Wes Anderson

I adore his quirky style. He seems to be so organized with all of his shots in the very middle. Fantastic Mr. Fox is one of my favorite movies because of the style, story, characters, and dedication to stop motion animation. His films have a flavor to them and I believe I can achieve something based on that. I've loved him ever since my sophomore year of high school. Almost all of his shots in The Grand Budapest Hotel look like candy. I hope to have a good sense of style in my animations like him one day.

SpongeBob SquarePants

I still watch this show today and it's just as funny. I've loved it my whole life, and you are never too old for SpongeBob. The voices, humor, and stories are just amazing!

Martin Short

Kind, funny, and entertaining are words I would use to describe Mr. Short. He is a big influenece of mine, and a hysterical one at that. He's so talented and seems like such a sweet person. I would love to work with him one day.
Jeff Daniels

Let's admit it. We all know who Harry Dunne - uh, I mean Jeff Daniels, is. We've all seen Dumb and Dumber. The guy has range, for goodness sake! He is someone who seems super nice, down to earth, and talented. He can be Harry Dunne all he wants if I ever get a chance to work with him,

No comments:

Post a Comment