Thursday, August 28, 2014

Kinetic Typography-Petey's Song Test Render (Pre-Effects)

Hello! This is the Test Render for my kinetic typography for Petey's Song from Fantastic Mr. Fox. As you can see in the video, I mainly used simple movements going from left to right, right to left, and everything in between. Everything seems to be in good shape for the official typography. I did not use any big effects yet besides the motion blur and a tiny bit of 3D movement. Of course your first draft of something is not always going to be perfect, it's just practice for the next go-around.

What I did for this test render was explore some of the main controls-positioning, motion blur, rotation tool, horizontal/vertical text, camera movement, and the 3D control. To me, this render wasn't hard or extremely challenging, but it took a while to get all the right words into place and editing them. It was fun to explore what I can do for next time around!


I will use different effects for the official typography and make simple drawings in Photoshop to import to After Effects. I will spend some time looking at effects, what I will use, and how I can incorporate them. Enjoy the test render!

No comments:

Post a Comment